Fast Facts & Figures
Because of our volunteers and donors, in 2016 The Salvation Army was able to provide:
- 49,728 nights of lodging/days of comprehensive care for homeless families and women. 24% of persons sheltered were children.
- 156,942 hot meals for the homeless
- Emergency assistance for 28,404 financially struggling individuals. Assistance given included food packages, clothing, personal care items, diapers and formula, and assistance with rent, utility and prescription drug bills.
- New gifts and clothing for 5,241 children at Christmas time
- Loving care and quality learning opportunities for 93 children ages six weeks to five years
- After-school care, tutoring, homework help, computer classes, recreation programs, and summer day camp for 244 young people grades K to 12
- 127 children with free weekly music classes
- 153,918 garments distributed to the needy
HOPE, OPPORTUNITY, RENEWED SELF-RESPECT, JOY, FAITH, ENCOURAGEMENT...And much more!! Some things are just too difficult to measure!