The Salvation Army makes an extra effort at Christmastime to put gifts under trees and food on tables. Thanks to community support, thousands of children wake up to find something special on Christmas morning. We offer the following Holiday programs:
- Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day Dinner - meals are open to the public, served in-house, and delivered to the elderly and homebound
- Angel Tree - provides new gifts and new clothing to children for Christmas
- Food Angel - provides gift cards for families to purchase their Christmas Day meal
- Adopt-A-Family - provides gifts and food for an entire family
- League of Mercy - nursing home patients, veterans, and inmates receive a visit and gift
We partner with area agencies, churches, businesses and individuals to ensure that all families receive assistance and community resources are used wisely.
To avoid duplication, The Salvation Army serves as the community agency clearing house.